Hourly Flexible Position | Date Posted: 14 January 2020
Trico Residential is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture.
We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Labourer.
The Construction Labourer will be required to perform tasks involving physical labour at (commercial) construction projects, and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities will include the cleaning and preparation of work-sites, setting braces to support the sides of excavations, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up rubble and debris and removal of waste materials. Must be capable of operating a variety of equipment, which may include: jackhammers, pavement breakers, concrete mixers, earth compactors, boring machines and so on.
Reporting directly to the Site Supervisor, the Labourer is responsible for assisting with various aspects of project management on worksites, including aiding to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, and timelines and safety codes. The incumbent will aid with the development of project specifications assisting in developing and maintaining construction and production schedule. The Labourer must advise the Site Supervisor of any potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties and work together to attempt to resolve any issues.
- Aid in overseeing construction sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes
- Plan, implement and monitor construction plans alongside the Site Supervisor
- Aid in the management of construction site startup
- Ensure that safe work practices and procedures are being followed onsite at all times
- Aid in the coordination and direction of all construction workers on worksites
- Ensure accurate and timely project close date; help to adjust working schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Work alongside the Site Supervisor to resolve any constructional issues that may arise
- Ensure proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite prior to daily work commencing
- Participate in project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on progression of building
- Aid in the supervision of workers onsite
- Help with the development, monitoring and overseeing quality control measures on worksites
- Suggest ideas for cost effective alternative measures to improve financial performance on projects
- Ensure building inspections are completed periodically throughout the construction phases to ensure buildings meet specifications of clients
- Any other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree in a construction related area of study
- Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience working in residential construction
- Previous experience overseeing construction worksites would be considered an asset
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation in relation to the construction industry, specifically residential construction
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong dedication to health and safety in the workplace
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience working with contractors
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related residential building codes
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including labourers, technical, professional, and upper management
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.