Design Center Consultant
Full Time Position | Date Posted: 14 April 2022
Trico Homes is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture. We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a Design Center Consultant
This is a Full time, Permanent position.
Reporting to the Design Team Lead, the successful candidate will guide clients through the interior selection process for their new home. The ability to recommend products and finishes based on specific needs and wants while remaining within the client’s budget is essential. Supplier visits will be required dependant on individual files. Efficient management of all correspondence between inter-office departments, field staff and the customer is essential.
This individual is a team player with a strong work ethic, excellent communication and writing skills and is well-versed in all aspects of interior design. This highly organized and efficient person will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy having a diverse “to do” list.
- Meet with clients to select interior products and items;
- Supplier visits to make selections with clients as required;
- Creation, documentation and entry of selections into system including creation of sketches and diagrams;
- Tile and Hardwood take-offs for upgrades;
- Manage correspondence between estimating department and client for sign off in a timely manner;
- Attend preview nights as required (weekly or bi-weekly) to tour new and prospective clients through the design center;
- Miscellaneous communication with trades and suppliers as required;
- Input on selecting products to display in the design studio.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Certificate in Interior Design
- Previous interior design experience is an asset
- Previous Sales experience is an asset
- Knowledge of current trends and products
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and set priorities
- Cabinet design input and knowledge;
- Proven track record with meeting deadlines;
- Construction terminology knowledge is an asset;
- Ability to read blueprints is a requirement;
- Work well in a fast paced team environment;
- Action oriented with the ability to meet critical timelines;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule.
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.