Vice President, Human Resources
Full Time Position | Date Posted: 19 January 2021
Trico Homes is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture. We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!””
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for Vice President, Human Resources
This is a full time, permanent position
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for leading the organizational development that supports the growth of both employees and the organization. This position is part of the Senior Leadership Team and is instrumental in safeguarding Trico’s excellent corporate culture. This position oversees the development and implementation of HR strategy, HR policies, practices and programs for employment, recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee development and employee profitability. The Director of Human Resources enforces compliance to labor laws and regulations and acts the key point of contact with government and other regulatory agencies and ministries.
- Provide strategic, leadership and consulting support to Trico executives and management for setting goals, policy development, staff allocation, succession planning and management to ensure business goals are met;
- Create strategic recruitment and selection plans including setting of equal opportunity and diversity goals;
- Ensure all Human Resources policies, programs and practices are in compliance with applicable labour legislation;
- Participate in streamlining business processes to ensure efficiency in the organization;
- Oversee the development and administration of benefits programs, compensation structures as well as compliance and reporting functions;
- Recommend improvements to benefit programs;
- Participate in planning for strategic training and organizational talent development; facilitate training, workshops and other training opportunities;
- Oversee the performance management system as well as the coaching and mentoring programs;
- Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels;
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives;
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure compliance;
- Supervise and develop the staff of the Human Resources Department;
- Participate on committees and special projects;
- Develop and manage annual budgets for HR and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses;
- Ensure confidentiality of employee files, all salary information, disability information, personal issues, terminations, recruitment information, and health benefit data;
- Collaborate with department heads to develop terminations strategies and script each termination case carefully;
- Ensure that new and/or changed human resources policies and programs are published as planned and that all employees receive information and training for them;
- Sustain professional and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, associations, research and professional publications;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or related field required;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred;
- Provincial Human Resources designation required (CPHR);
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Human Resource position required;
- Minimum of 3 years in a senior-level position in a company at least similar size required;
- Work experience in multi-site, international, multi-functional organization preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR strategy, leadership and organizational development, contracts, negotiations, and change;
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment, wage and salary laws and regulations and ability to interpret and comply with those;
- Able to analyze and assess training and development needs;
- Able to analyze and re-engineer operations, procedures, formulate policy as well as develop and implement new strategies and procedures;
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the executive team;
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Politically and culturally sensitive;
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills;
- Able to provide leadership and support for supervisors to enable them to properly manage their employees in order to drive results and achieve top performance;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.