Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Full Time Position | Date Posted: 17 February 2021
Trico Residential is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture. We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist
This is a full time position.
The successful candidate will join our team of drafting and design technologists whose primary responsibility is to draw complete customer home plans. This position requires a positive individual with strong technical, organizational and communication skills that will be an integral part of our drafting team and take on increasing responsibilities as experience levels grow.
- Draw customer changes to standard plans including creating new alternate elevations, floor plans, details and options
- Creating site plans
- Submitting applications for approval to architectural control
- Documenting additional architectural control requirements including clarifications and additions
- Completing check-sets for other team members
- Requesting and checking structural layouts and required engineering
- Maintaining standard plans
- Creating reports
- Communication and integration with other departments, architectural controls, developers, trades, suppliers and municipal or city officials
- Participate in drafting department meetings, site visits and other meetings as required
- Any other duties as required.
- Architectural Technologists Program graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in the industry
- Team player
- A strong desire to contribute in a customer focused environment
- Ability to meet goals and work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent technical knowledge in residential drafting
- Speed, accuracy and proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of local building codes and by-laws practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Working experience in Revit will be an asset
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.