Product Development Designer
Full Time Position | Date Posted: 23 March 2022
Trico Homes is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture. We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a Product Development Designer
This is a full time, permanent position.
Are you an outside the box thinker who loves puzzles and problem solving? Do you enjoy space planning utilizing your creativity and your innovative ideas? Do you have deep passion of designing someone’s dream home and watching come to life?
You may be the one we are looking for to be part of the Trico family as a Product Development Designer!
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design and develop new models from conceptual designs into detailed construction blueprints using AutoCAD to meet current market demands, demographic group needs and work within given budgets
- Design cost effective elevations to meet community architectural requirements
- Improve & maintain standard plans & options
- Work on and manage showhome & sales center production file
- Participate in showhome planning and committee meetings
- Produce blackline and request rendering for marketing brochure materials
- Work closely with drafting & estimating department to maintain consistency with all standard plans
- Work collaboratively with Sales & Marketing department to support product vision to meet current market demand
- Make construction site visits to new models and showhomes
- Conduct regular visits to both Trico and competitor showhomes and presentations centers
- Research new and innovative home designs and building materials
- Communication and integration with architectural control coordinators, developers, trades and municipal or city officials
- Architectural Technologies Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in residential single family construction
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft office, Adobe Acrobat and Revit will be an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of building codes and land use bylaws
- Access to a vehicle to make site visits (mileage will be compensated)
- Strong visualization and space planning skills
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and ability to process, react to and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Qualifying applicant will be required to present a portfolio
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.