Site Supervisor – Single Family
Full Time Position | Date Posted: 3 September 2019
Trico Communities is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture. We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor
This is a full time position.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency. The Superintendent will be responsible for the management of all on-site construction workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the Superintendent, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. Site Supervisors are responsible for the efficient use of labor, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, and maintaining records of all materials used and the progress made on a job. While this job is mainly a position of supervision and management, the Superintendent may be required to assist in construction work on an occasional basis.
- Assist the Construction Project Managers with the initial mobilization and set up of the construction site.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to management.
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients.
- Provide coaching and training to Site Assistants
- Ensure compliance with Trico’s health and safety training and reporting requirements.
- Review construction plans for compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical, structural, zoning and planned development.
- Mediate and resolve disputes and code issues.
- Read, interpret, and understand construction drawings and specifications, the city codes and ordinances regarding building codes, permit issuance, and permit fees
- Any other duties as required.
- Degree in an appropriate construction related field.
- Strong safety orientation with up to date First Aid and other safety related certificates;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in construction and at least 3 as a Site Supervisor
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Understanding of land development process and land development construction.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- A clear valid driver’s license; an abstract will be required
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.