Eight Ways to Save Energy This Spring
- Home Owner Tips
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023
As the days grow warmer and spring blooms all around us, it’s time to make a few adjustments to keep your home comfortable without breaking the bank. By implementing these energy-saving tips, you’ll not only save some money but also contribute to an eco-friendlier lifestyle. Let’s dive in:
1. Embrace the low flow: Install a low flow shower head in your bathroom. These shower heads use less water, which means less energy is required to heat it up. You can enjoy a refreshing shower while reducing your water consumption.
2. Clear those vents: Spring brings fresh air, so it’s essential to check your dryer vent regularly and clear any debris or blockage. This will ensure proper airflow and prevent any inefficiencies.
3. Shed light on savings: Swap your light bulbs for energy-efficient LED ones. LED lights use significantly less energy and last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs. Not only will you save money on your energy bills, but you’ll also contribute to a greener planet. And remember, Energy Efficiency Alberta offers an instant savings program on LED bulbs and other energy-efficient products at select retail locations across Alberta.
4. Get smart about temperature control: Consider investing in a smart thermostat. With a smart thermostat, you can easily adjust the temperature of your home from anywhere using your smartphone. This way, you can optimize your energy usage and avoid wasting energy when you’re away. Don’t forget to check Energy Efficiency Alberta’s rebate program for select smart thermostats.
5. Unblock those vents: Take a moment to ensure that furniture or objects are not blocking your vents or heat registers. Blocked vents can disrupt proper airflow and hinder your heating and cooling systems’ efficiency. Keep them clear for optimal performance.
6. Maintain your HVAC system: Regular maintenance is key to keeping your HVAC system running efficiently. Clean or replace air filters, inspect for dust and debris, and consider professional servicing. Trico homeowners, don’t forget: As Red Card holders, you’re eligible to receive exclusive loyalty discounts and services from our preferred partners. Don’t forget to check the list! By keeping your HVAC system in top shape, you’ll save energy and ensure a comfortable home.
7. Embrace natural ventilation: Spring is the perfect time to open windows and let the fresh breeze in. Take advantage of natural ventilation during mild days to cool your home without relying solely on your air conditioner.
8. Optimize your lawn watering: When it comes to keeping your lawn lush and green, it’s essential to water it efficiently. Watering during the early morning or late afternoon is best, as it allows the water to soak into the soil before the sun’s heat evaporates it. Aim to water your lawn deeply but infrequently, providing about 1 inch of water per week. By avoiding frequent shallow watering, you encourage deeper root growth and reduce water waste.
Remember, these tips are not just for Trico homeowners. They apply to anyone looking to save energy and reduce their environmental footprint. By incorporating these practices into your daily routine, you’ll enjoy a comfortable and energy-efficient home this spring.
For more helpful home tips and updates, be sure to follow us on Facebook or Instagram. Let’s make this spring season delightful, energy-saving, and environmentally friendly!